Reasons to use Firstmed
- FREE Consultation
- GMC Registered Doctor
- CQC Registered Service
- Discreet, & Confidential
- Next Day Delivery Guaranteed
Branded Treatments Only
Secure Online Payment
Hair Loss Treatments and Medication
Hair Loss Treatments and Medication
Depending on your type of hair loss, treatments are available.
Some of the causes of hair loss are not
easily changeable, such as a genetic predisposition most often seen in men and
referred to as male pattern baldness, but others may be related to diet, stress,
medication or hormonal imbalance, which are treatable once they are identified
as the root of the problem, buy hair loss treatments from First Med.
If you have decided to attempt to regain your hair, treatments do exist that may also help slow or prevent the development of baldness. You want to buy the right hair loss treatment for your particular cause as using the wrong one can have side effect that are uncomfortable, itching and rashes, or that make for a worse problem in encouraging the growth of unwanted hair on arms, face or back.
If adequate hair loss treatment is not available for your type of hair loss, you may consider trying different hairstyles or wigs, hairpieces, hair weaves or artificial hair replacement.
Perhaps the most important thing to remember in your search for buying a hair loss treatment is that you are not without help or hope, no matter the cause of your hair loss.
Hair loss treatments
SurgeryPlastic surgery may be the only reliable way to regain lost hair, and techniques for restoring hair growth are constantly improving. These include:
- Transplant, where the surgeon moves non-sensitive hairs from the back of the head to the top. This is best for men whose hair loss is limited to the front of the scalp. Factors that determine whether a person is a suitable candidate include age, hair colour, the nature of hair loss, and whether the hair type is straight or curly.
- Scalp reduction, a technique that is most suitable for men with a small, well-defined bald spot on the top of the head.
- Flap-surgery, which involves making the part of the scalp that still contains hair larger. This is a possibility in cases of hair loss over a small area.
Regaine stimulates hair growth in
balding areas. It works by keeping hair follicles in the growth phase for
longer, so hairs grow bigger and the rate of further thinning slows down.
The lotion is applied to the scalp and spread lightly. It doesnt need to be massaged in. With the 2% lotion, no effect is seen for the first 3 or 4 months. The 5% lotion (Regaine Extra Strength) is slightly more effective.
To decide whether Regaine is likely to help, you need to examine your scalp closely, preferably with a magnifying glass.
Regaine may work for men
- Who have been bald for less than 5 years
- Whose bald area is less than 10 cm across and/or your main problem is general thinning
- Whose hair loss is mainly at the top of the head
- Whose bald area has lots of tiny, fine hairs.
Regaine is not likely to help men
- who are completely bald
- Whose main problem is receding hair (frontal loss)
- Whose bald scalp has very few tiny,
Bear in mind that Regaine
- Is not successful for everyone, only about 35% of men have noticeable regrowth of hair, and this is often fine and downy, and the manufacturers advise users to give up if there has been no regrowth after using it for 1 year
- Has to be applied twice a day, 7 days a week and does not produce a permanent cure. If the treatment is stopped, the follicles go back to how they would have been without Regaine. About 10-12 weeks after starting Regaine you may notice some extra hair loss. Take no notice; these are simply the old short downy hairs at the end of their life
- It is important to read the manufacturers leaflet, as Regaine is probably not suitable for some people. For example, it should probably not be used by people taking drugs for blood pressure, or who have angina. The solution contains alcohol, and can cause irritation in some people.
- Regaine can be bought from pharmacies without a prescription; in fact, it is not available on the National Health Service prescription in the UK
Dutasteride is a recently approved drug developed by GlaxoSmithKline. Dutasteride is a dual 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor that is indicated for the treatment of symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in men with an enlarged prostate to:
- Improve symptoms
- Reduce the risk of acute urinary retention
- Reduce the risk of the need for BPH-related surgery
Dutasteride is being developed for the treatment of Male Pattern Baldness (MPB). Dutasteride, which is taken in capsule form, has shown dramatic success in restoring hair to bald men in trials. It interferes with 5-alpha-reductase enzymes that break down the male hormone testosterone and turn it into dehydrotestosterone (DHT) - which causes hair to thin dramatically in later life. Dutasteride is has better DHT suppression results than finisteride both Propecia and Proscar.
Buy Propecia online today, the most effective hair loss treatment.